1879 Steinway A = pics inside

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:12:44 +0200

Hi Ric,

The rebuilt we make is a big rebuilt, everything is new except pinblock =
and soundboard.
New action, new strings, case refinishing...
We had some shimming work to do on the board. But the bridges are just =
fine.
I only installed new whippens, shanks and heads on this one. I'm not =
going to regulate it myself, one of my collegues will (though I'd really =
like to!).
With the new whippens there seemed to be no problem at all with =
alignement between jack and knuckle... Too bad your customer doesn't =
want to install new whippens !! It's a Steinway after all, the =
regulation would have probably been easier and more even with a new set =
of whippens, don't you think?

The difference is that the Steinway we rebuilt right now will be for =
sale in our workplace, it does not belong to any customer.So we can do =
the big work without any money restrictions. For sure, that would not =
have been the case if it was not our instrument !!

The case has been totally refinished, it is a beautiful mahogany case.

Take Care,

Quentin