Customer ethics--no more extras!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:04:49 -0500

>Ron:
>
>I can't keep up with the marketing trends.

Hi Dave,
Me either. I get dizzy pretty quickly.

>In this case the coupon was for a particular tuner.  That's what made me
>think that he was doing it for just the $49.95 with the dealer not paying
>any more.  I don't know that to be the case, but I know the dealer and the
>tech.
>
>dave

That sounds likely. But then, why the coupon? Seems to me the tuner would
just do the tuning,  bill the dealer directly, and the customer would could
get the "free" tuning without messing with the coupon at all. That's the
way it worked here until the customers started wanting to use their own
tuner, with which the dealer didn't have an arrangement for a discount
rate. The whole idea of the coupon seems pretty flaky to me, unless there's
some more sensible aspect of it that I'm missing.

Ron N