Customer ethics--no more extras!

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:42:18 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/04 5:49:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
richard.ucci@att.net writes:

> Dave,
>  I would charge the dealer at my usual hourly rate for any extra work that
> should have been covered in prep.I would not put the burden on the new
> customer. But... if that dealer is sending you a fair amount of new business , give
> them a break once in a while but let them know about it.
>
> Rick Ucci/ Ucci Piano

Rick,

I give the dealers an hourly rate if I go past the allotted appointment time.
 It works okay.  Since they've given me a fair amount of business, I see it
as a win-win situation in the long run, especially since they refer private
clients to me regularly.

The thing that bugs me is the lack of class on the part of customers who I've
done extra work for, and even stood up for in dealing with stores and
manufacturers.  And given their kids a demo on tuning and piano technology.  Blah,
blah, blah, extra this,
extra that.  I invest too much of myself into a job, and I feel like I get
burned.  I'm getting tougher, but I still hate rejection....:-{

Dave S.