Environmental tuning mysteries: solved, hopefully

ilex cameron ross i1ex@earthlink.net
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:07:21 -0400

*my* comments below :)
thanks, everyone!
     but that the dehumidifier might overdo it.... uhm, it was my impression
that the whole "climate CONTROL system" aspect included a thermostat that
actually sensed when it needed to work?

    Kinda. It is controlled by a humidistat - kinda like a thermostat only
different - senses reletive humidity rather than temperature.

    d'oh! i MEANT "humidistat" - silly silly, i know better. just verbally
drainbead lately...

     i'm not all THAT familiar with dampp chasers, except for my own
positive experience as a pianist. are there any negatives of using this, or
what?

    No. But I wonder....... if the piano owner forgets to put water in it,
does the little heater bar for the humidifier go on and stay on all winter?

    my experience with the old 25-year-old unit in my home piano, is a
resounding *yes*, however, i think someone else on here already mentioned
that current models don't.

    thanks,
    ilex