Epoxy glue in Europe ?

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:12:33 +0200

Hello all.

After reading posts about happy use of epoxy glue to repair loose bridge
pins, I have tried this on a piano which had quite large cracks (2 mm) at
the pin holes on the bass bridge (the pins were vertical).

It was a disaster.

I mixed the two components, heated the pins, let the glue go down into the
crack, let rest for a whole day, then put the string back in place, and was
happy for about 6 hours, after what, unhappy to see that the pins were back
again in their vertical position.
Makes me think we don't talk about the same epoxy glue.
I used Araldite 2013 (medium fast hardening gap filling for wood and metal),
as West System epoxy is hard to find here.
Any idea about what went wrong ?
Any clue about a product easy to find on the old continent ?

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane Collin.