west system in blocks

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:03:38 -0700 (PDT)

I tune a piano that had the tuning pin holes swabbed with epoxy. The pins are very tight but they jump/snap like crazy making tuning a bit of a head-ache. Seems like a last ditch repair.

David Renaud <drjazzca@yahoo.ca> wrote:
I have tried West System in a block before in the
manner described. It worked but I did not like the
feel of the pins. After trying a dozen pins I ended up
installing a new block after all.

I have also tried Webb Philips wood rebuilder on a
few pins. I really liked the pin feeling it produced.
I would be willing to experiment with this some more.
I am discouraged from using West system for this
application..... unless I hear someone report better
results then I obtained.

Cheers
Dave Renaud

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter