CA Glue

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:12:53 -0500

1) Cracked bridge? No. Epoxy. But, to stabilize bridge pins—including very
minor eyelash cracks on pianos not worth major restoration or repairs? Yes.
(Oooh, Mrs. Zinser woulda thrashed me soundly for THAT lousy bit of
English!)

2) Unk.

3) Because the CA repair here is not actually a "gluing" job, but rather a
"soaking up filling in the wood fibers then drying hard" kind of job, I am
of the belief that this repairs is relatively permanent. Check back with me
in 20 years ...

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

These questions should make for some interesting discussion:

1) who likes to use CA glue instead of Epoxy for cracked bridges, and why?

2) How long is a cracked bridge repair using CA glue expected to last?

3) How long is a loose tuning pin repair using CA glue expected to last?

Thanks, Chris Henke
Portland, Oregon

---