Florida Piano People

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:37:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/2004 12:07:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
james466@bellsouth.net writes:
   James
   Thanks for the non- alarmist reply. It's easy to be chicken  little.
    I agree. In fact I've heard recently that such turns of  natural events
could easily come from recent increase in sun spot activity. Even  Galileo
noted increased solar flares & storms & specualted on how they  might effect
things here.
   Dale

Have any  of the world's leaders heard that it is generally accepted, at
> least  within the scientific community, that there is a relationship
> between  excessive and increasing world carbon emissions, global warming,
> and  the INCREASED FREQUENCY AND INTENSITY OF TROPICAL STORM SYSTEMS. Any
>  clue at all?

While they are probably wrong, I do agree that many  scientists do put a
connection as listed above. Howver, as a hurricane  Frances victim who only
just now got power and phone back up and as a long  time, sixth-generation
Floridan, I can also tell you that it is a fact that  multiple storms have
hit Florida in the past. It is in recent memory that  storms have not come
this way but take a look at the historical tracks of  storms and you will
see many years that storms either hit Florida or came  very close. So,
while it is very tempting to try and blame government and  industry for the
storms, it is more likely that we are just returning to  the norm for
Atlantic based storms at this time of year. There is still far  too much
scientific investigation needed in order to definitively prove or  even
stronly suggest that there is a connection between pollution and  global
warming. The evidence just simply is not there, in spite of  terrible
movies that try to suggest otherwise.