Broken back check wires

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:25:38 -0600

Joe, is the client you? <G>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: "pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: Broken back check wires

JoeAfter all these years dont you have a box full of old =
whippens. When I break a wire, I just replace the thing with a duplicate =
old one, and regulate til its good to go..Richard Gullion, London Canada

Richard,
Make up your mind which country you're in!<G> Have I got a box of wippens?
Sheesh! Those who know me, know that I got's lotsa boxes of wippens!!
However, finding the exact duplicate is a bit more difficult than you would
make it seem. (for those newbies out there.) "Close" only counts in
Horseshoes, Hand Grenades & H Bombs, so please don't give me that bit, thank
you very much.<G> I pulled down a few boxes, (from out of the upper cobwebs
area<G>), and none were close enough to satisfy me, especially, the
condition, (ie, look/geometry). After all, who's been supplying you guys
with all of them obsolete thingees, of late!? (Trying to clear out the area,
just a bit!<G>)
I must say Ron N's suggestion was about the best. Someone else suggested
drilling a hole next to the broken one, really didn't/doesn't ring my bell,
although that would work, but then the client is fussy.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

P.S.
BTW, I'm done with that bit anyway, but thanks to all who responded. Yes,
even you Ron!<G> hehe