Schwander action where jacks don't return

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:23:53 EDT

Greetings,

             In this humid summer weather, I have found that the pin bushings
absorb moisture from the atmosphere. A 5% alcohol to 95% H2O solution applied
with a syringe does the trick. It takes about 24 hours to dry, thus
evaporating the excess humidity (H2O absorbed by the bushing felt)

             If there are no bushings, as you claim, (which I have never seen
a piano without them) then I would say possibly the wood itself has absorbed
moisture, hence making the action center tight. I wouldn't know if the same
solution as above would work. It may, because alchohol absorbs water.

Julia Gottchall,
Reading, PA