Schwander action where jacks don't return

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:08:18 -0500

>Stretching the jack return springs fixed the problem on some notes, but
>not all.  From what I could see, there was a center pin in the jack, but
>no bushing (none that showed, anyway).  Is the right fix a new spring,
>repinning, or lubing the action center?
>
>--Cy Shuster--

Hi Cy,
The bushing is in the "birdseye" in these actions, and sluggish jacks isn't
an uncommon thing. I'd lubricate first, hoping that would do the trick. It
usually does. If not, it's time for a repinning adventure.

Ron N