Schwander action where jacks don't return

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:30:03 -0400

I tuned a 1975 Kimball console yesterday with a Schwander action.  It's =
in good condition inside and out, except it was 110c flat in some =
sections.  About half a dozen keys wouldn't play, because the jack =
wouldn't return under the butt.  Regulation was OK.

Stretching the jack return springs fixed the problem on some notes, but =
not all.  From what I could see, there was a center pin in the jack, but =
no bushing (none that showed, anyway).  Is the right fix a new spring, =
repinning, or lubing the action center?

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV