heavy touch

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

I wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't give her the impression that its going to miraculously become lighter with regular play, i.e "breaking in".

If its the centerpins, blow the thing out and slather it with protec- sometimes this actually does work like a miracle! While your at it, put some protec on the spoons and spring cushions and spray the keypins with McLube. Brush a little powdered teflon on the butts (or knuckles if its a grand) and when you're done you might luck out and have a complete transformation!

These jobs can sometimes make you into a hero for 30 minutes work!

Jack Houweling <jackhouweling@dccnet.com> wrote:
Hello
I saw a piano yesterday that had a very heavy touch. After talking to the customer she informed me that it had not been played for about ten years. My question is will is the touch change now that it will be played again.  I would think so, but would like to hear some opinions on the subject.

Thanks,
Jack

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter
Pianova Piano Service