Half punchings on balance rail

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Bob,

That makes perfect sense - by changing the fulcrum
point, you are changing the overall action ratio.  The
number of interest is the Balance Weight (DW+UW)/2,
and that has to drop when the action ratio drops.  In
other words, it will take less force to push the key
down when the ratio is smaller.  Note that the
friction, which is (DW-UW)/2, stays approximately
constant (very slight change).

Best regards,

Vladan

Hi Jack! - couldn't resist, apologies.

The problem I've encountered thus far with the half
punchings is that this not only lowers downweight but
also lowers upweight significantly.  Has this been
your experience?

Bob