An odd situation, no longer I hope....

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:53:55 +0200

On 6-sep-04, at 22:25, Richard Brekne wrote:

>> This configuration should give you a healthy striking distance of=20
>> around 47 mm. Again, in your Yamaha "Basic Piano Technology" book it=20=

>> says : 48 mm + 0 mm or - 2 mm, so 47 mm is a temporary 'so so=20
>> distance'.
>

> Book says 46 - 48 several places... page 156 for example... which is=20=

> the same essentially as 48mm + 0mm or - 2 mm... but your way seems to=20=

> accent the 48 mark...

No no, Ricardo, I did not say that. Look at what I wrote above : I=20
mentioned an average striking distance of 47 mm and I quoted the Yamaha=20=

book giving as an example 48 mm + 0 mm or - 2 mm.
So again, 47 mm is a temporary so so so distance.

The beauty of making a perfect after touch (soft landing or hard=20
landing) is that we test the configuration of a given action to its=20
absolute limit. After touch here is the absolute and final master=20
regulation of the action, and the final killer. It determines the very=20=

limits of what is possible, mechanically speaking. I also determines=20
the limit to the tonal outcome, which is just as very interesting.
The only and absolutely necessity is to make double sure that your=20
regulation basics are 100% A-OK.
I personally know that you are a real pro. Having ample after touch is=20=

just your pot luck because it will give you a max result and your=20
client will dance with you and throw flowers around your ballet shoes.
You like that, or what?
whaddaya? actually??

grinnn *(; >))))

Andr=E9 Oorebeek