knight whippens

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:38:30 +1000

Knight pianos used Herburger Brooks / Schwander actions. This was closed and
the workers reopened the Langer action coy but I do not know if they are
still operating. You could try one of the English suppliers:- Fletcher &
Newman or Heckschers. You can find their websites on the Piano Page under
Manufactures.

Regards

Kerry Cooper
Piano Technician
Accredited Member APTTA; PTTGQ
brispiano@optushome.com.au
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Wilson [mailto:pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 3 September 2004 10:12 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: knight whippens

 -, as many of you
> know, the Knight verticals have no treble break, but
> it's remarkably stable.
> Il also heard they are out of business, but this may
> be old news. Maybe
> Kemble (pronounced Kem-Blee) bought the company?

Alfred Knight died in 1974 and the family sold the
business to The Bently Piano Co.  They went out of
business some years later and their interests we
bought by Welmar (Whelpdale Maxwell & Codd)  They
continued making the Knight piano until they went out
of business last year.

Kemble at Milton Keynes were bought by Yamaha and they
now make the Yamaha piano there.

Bob Wilson

---