Fw: lead waits

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:01:57 -0700

Jenneetah wrote:

> At 5:54 PM -0600 9/3/04, Joe And Penny Goss wrote:
>
>> Any one out there have a set of lead weights that are used in grand
>> key leveling?
>> If you have a gram scale could you please post me the gram weight of
>> one of the critters?
>

> If you really wanted to be accurate abut it, what you'd like is a set
> weights graduated to match the weight pressing down on each capstan...

I don't know how important it is that key leveling weights exactly
duplicate the downward force of the top action. For that matter, does
putting weights on the back checks have the same effect on the key as
the wippen heel bearing down on the capstan?

It might be interesting to experiment with an action or two to see if
there is any use in tapering a set of weights, bass to treble.

Note to Joe: my weights measure 1.25" H x 1.06" D x .35" W.

Tom Cole