[examiner]ETD exam

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:48:05 +0100

Hmmm..... somebody writes:

 >"Why should an ETD tuner want to spend countless hours learning a
skill he/she is never going to use again after he/she passes to tuning exam"

I think the main reason is two fold. Number one.. I dont see that it is
in the PTG's interest to indentify itself with tuners who are not able
to oversee the tuning <<decisions>> that an ETD does.  Any tuner who can
not pass the very reasonable criteria that the test demands is in no
position to judge for him/her self when the ETD has become confused by
any given instrument. Anyone who uses ETD's and listens carefully knows
that on a significant number of occasions this is needed.  Secondly, I
personally dont see (and I doubt seriously that I am alone) that the PTG
should really see its interests served in indentifying itself with a
membership that has so little proffesional abitions as to master to the
degree demanded by the test aural tuning.

Its not that hard, and it certainly is valuable, and any tuner taking
folks money for doing the job should at least know this much about what
she/he is doing.

Cheers
RicB