WHere's Waldo

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:50:08 -0500

I’d say squirt some CA glue on it. It is a patch job but will help stabilize
it possibly for several more years.

Don’t use accelerator, just let it soak in. Come back in a day or so to
tune. Lower tension some on each pin first as you tune. You may here a
little ping if the wire was bonded to the bridge top.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 2:42 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: WHere's Waldo

If this is a low end older piano, I agree - leave it alone and monitor (for
increased cracking and tuning stability) - it may stay that way for decades.
However, this IS a very odd looking low end of a bass bridge! Can I assume
this is the bass end of the long bridge?

What kind of piano is this? Age? Overall condition? And who's Waldo, let
alone where?

Terry Farrell