[Files] WHere's Waldo (was Big hammers) (Modified byKentSwafford)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:20:27

Hi Jason,

Epoxy it to prevent the crack spreading. Or if you don't wish to epoxy use
CA glue. I would make full disclosure to the client that the repair is just
a preventative and in no way increases the value of the instrument.

If you choose CA glue:

1. coat the crack with water thin CA glue
2. consider using an accelerator--or just breath on it for five minutes
3. fill the crack with thick CA glue
4. start tuning the piano, after the temperament is done
5. check the crack and add more thick CA glue
6. continue tuning the piano and adding CA glue until no more is needed.
7. present a bill for services rendered.

At 10:48 AM 02/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Here's the low end of the bass bridge, out of focus but you can see how
>badly cracked it is. Should this be fixed, or band-aided, or left alone? The
>piano IS tunable.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.