Beginning of Semester Weirdness

Thu, 02 Sep 2004 05:28:45 -0500

At 16:23 9/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Our maintenance people unplugged all the dampp chaser systems to move the
>pianos and never plugged them back. Administration was on vacations until
>mid august. Guess what... Pitch lowering ±40¢ on most pianos. So, I
>plugged them and will wait for the pitch to stabilize.
>
>Marcel Carey, RPT

That is standard operating proceedure here.  When I come back from
vacation, I always figure on spending a day cleaning, changing pads,
plugging in and filling d-c units, then doing non-tuning stuff for a while.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

The shortest distance between two points is under construction.