[Files] WHere's Waldo (was Big hammers) (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:35:11 +0100

jason kanter wrote:

>This piano has an extremely inconsistent inharmonicity pattern. I wonder if
>the poor bridge terminations contribute to this, and I wonder if it's worth
>recapping. The action, an old Brambach, in sorry shape. Let it die a quiet
>death?

Well thats certainly to be expected with a bridge that is not notched
but rather simply beveled. Unless the instruments has some special
meaning to someone... or has something about it that makes it
interesting.... well... all things must bite the dust sooner or
later...  There are dignified and non-dignified ways of passing on....
why dont you offer it a pistol, a glass of whisky... and a private room ??

Cheers
RicB