Juarez Cosmetic piano restoration

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:06:04 -0700

Seeing as how we're questioning SAMA's work, has anyone, other=
 the David, seen any of David Anderson's rebuilds?   Can anyone=
 vouch for the quality of David Anderson's work other than David?=
   I'd be interested in an un-bias report.
David Ilvedson

From: David Andersen <bigda@gte.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Juarez Cosmetic piano restoration

At 9:47 PM -0700 8/31/04, David Andersen wrote:

..  I challenge you to follow through and put me in front of one=
 of your pianos installed in a home or church or whatever close=
 to where I live.  If it's good, say B+ to A- commercial-grade=
 piano work, I'll publicly apologize and I will give you a quote=
 to use in your marketing..

Let's be honest: the "pianos from Juarez"  have a less than=
 stellar reputation and word of mouth currently among techs; this=
 could be an unprecedented opportunity to change that=
 perception.
Fair enough?

Up to now, David, having read many of your posts on Pianotech, I=
 have felt your integrity was unquestionable.

These comments of yours suggesting honesty and fairness, and your=
 sense of importance for endorsement purposes, has changed that.

For the record: I am not one of those "among techs" you imply.

Keith

It=92s hard to respond to people when I feel like I=92m under the=
 gun, Keith.  I have no inflated idea of my standing or value; I=
 stand in awe of other people on this list, and feel like a rank=
 amateur compared to them. I was not cruising for acclaim, just=
 making what I thought was a fair offer
to retract my earlier position if I was proven wrong.  Come on,=
 Keith; Joe Public, or even Joe Public Piano Technician, doesn=92t=
 have a clue who I am. So, uh...relax.  Guy and I are taking care=
 of our differences like gentlemen.  I urge you to read what I=
 wrote above one more time, and filter it through the lens of=
 someone really trying to make a human connection, tell the=
 truth, and still express my strong feelings on the subject.=
 Let=92s DO be honest about the reputation of the =93pianos from=
 Juarez.=94 If Guy Nichols is someone you admire, and your=
 experience of rebuilt pianos from the SAMA facility is the polar=
 opposite of mine, say so. Don=92t let your personal bias obscure=
 the truth. Don=92t imply that I=92m making stuff up. Please.  And if=
 your opinion of me has changed from reading several sentences,=
 so be it. With all respect and collegiality, I don=92t feel I=92m=
 inflating my worth or attacking Guy Nichols.

Best wishes,

David Andersen