OT design team forming (was bolduc upright pinblock removing jig)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

A precision machined track here is key, obviously. One
with no slop to add to what would already probably be
a bit of wavering by that saw blade. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
ThomCat comes to mind... Hmmmmmmmmm.
     Thump

Everything bolted down or clamped nice and solidly.
Can you easily post a photo of the saw and its
bedplate ???

How about sliding tubes a-la lathe, with saw clamped
to a swinging arm to bring it proper to cut depth.
( On several passes  ) Whole thing clamped across top
of piano with screw-presses pressing inward on sides.
Perhaps modified from an old lathe and moveable
headstock or tailstock assembly? Swing arm for saw
shold be on spring to pull it out of cut if emergency,
or binding. Depth stop created by bolt with lock nut
on bell crank of swing arm.