Voicing

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:41:23 -0600

Barbara:

I guess the funniest(?) voicing time I had was at a home where=
 they had a new Knabe grand in a living room with hard floors and=
 little stuffed furniture.  It was loud.  The wife was out=
 shopping, and the husband was the host.  After I tuned the=
 piano, Bob (husband) asked me about the volume.  I gently voiced=
 one note and asked him if that's more like what he wanted.  I=
 got enthusiastic cheers!  I went ahead and voiced the piano to=
 what Bob and I thought was really nice.  Happy customer.  Very=
 happy customer.

Bob is an airline pilot.  He leaves the house and heads for Los=
 Angles.  Wife comes home and sits down at the piano.  I get the=
 call "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY PIANO!!!!!!"  I told her that Bob=
 liked it a lot!  She was really mad.  I told her that she and=
 Bob should decide how they want it and call me back and I'd=
 voice it however they want it.  I've never heard from them=
 again.

That was with approval!

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT