The Richard Gertz myth

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:56:27 -0700 (PDT)

The WHOLE free end ( top and bottom ), or just the top
edge of the free end ? What did the span of the bottom
of the rib, touching the base of your test stand do ?
Expand outward, contract inward, or serve as a
rotational axis and not move laterally in either
direction ? I sincerely would like to know.
     Thanks!
     Gordon

--- Donald Mannino <donmannino@comcast.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
Ron,

Very interesting demonstration - thanks for posting
it!

Can you tell us the approximate sample rib /
soundboard crown radius? Orif you could provide the
unloaded measurement of the difference from thebottom
of the soundboard strip (at center) and the cord line
to give anidea of how much crown was in the sample.

What style rib was it - crowned on top?  Was there
any"compression" style crowning in the combination?

Don Mannino