Cracked Lid

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

Avery and Dave,

Yes, the lid needs to be up or my tuning lever will
hit the edge of the lid where it folds back  on
itself.  I've tried short levers, (I'd rather say
hammer) and we didn't jive.

If I wanted to remove the lid to tune, it would take
three or more people and some type of supports to
slide underneath to support it for removal.  In a
strange sense it's good that this piano is presently
untuneable until it is rebuilt.  But if and when the
customer comes up with the dough to rebuild, then
something will have to be decided.  Would it be best
to leave the crack alone and just add cross supports
on the bottom of the lid?  It's been a while since
I've looked at it but it may be that the crack has not
gone through the veneer.

Bob