OT-news and books

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:59:12 +0200

On 29-okt-04, at 17:28, Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 When I watch news, the news reporter =
talks so fast and=20
> there is so little information given on the story/event that I do not=20=

> feel that my need for information is quenched. Its like leaving the=20
> table hungry. I want more. I am a thinking individual and
>  and it is so un-somthing (perhaps un-settling) to feel that I really=20=

> don't know more behind the events of the day.
>
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 I believe that I am a fairly intelligent person and I =
have=20
> always followed up information given to me with the question: Why?
>
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Back in grade school I was like this, college, and =
now I=20
> haven't changed, I am still like this in real life (life after school=20=

> in the real world). I get my best information from books.
>
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Does anyone else out there have this =
experience? Any other=20
> suggestions?
>
>  Julia,
>  Reading, PA

TV is a nice thing for some news, movies, and documentaries.  'Some'=20
American newspapers are really good, most are garbage.
News on TV and in newspapers is highly untrustworthy and sometimes one=20=

might wonder why in Donald Ducks name we should know everything=20
happening in the world, especially after having read newspapers and=20
watched TV for decades.
I have canceled my newspaper subscription because it is filled with=20
misery anyway, I almost only watch movies and documentaries on TV, and=20=

I hear enough daily news on my car radio.

For the rest I read books, listen to music, enjoy my friends, and=20
contribute to this list (when I have the time and energy).
Oh yeah, I love to go on vacations.
All very restful, calming and sometimes peaceful, in these hectic times.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

"where Music is, no harm can be"