OT-Road Service

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:51:47 -0700

David, if your arms are the same length, I assume you don't bowl.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 10:41 PM
  Subject: RE: OT-Road Service

  We've gone over this before...you need to put your toolbag on a diet.  =
 Think about what you really use at every job.  You will find that a lot =
of the stuff you lug around might as well stay in the car.   How hard is =
it to walk out to the car for something?   My service kit:  About 12 =
lbs.   Yeah, I do go out to the car a fair amount...but my arms are the =
same length.   The secret to this is to ignore the "I might need this" =
syndrome.   What do you really need?   Tuning:  Hammer,ETD, fork, mutes, =
strip mute, multi=3Dpurpose handle, a few screw driver blades, =
regulating tools, screwstarter, flashlight, magnet, mirror, voicing =
tool, voicing block, Hart voicing tool, brush for hammers, teflon =
powder/brush, Protek thick lube, Goose juice/Protek in applicator, a =
baggy of leather scraps, punchings, a vice-grip, a small crescent =
wrench, drift for seating strings, string hook, dip block...certainly a =
few more items but I don't need a dolly!

  David I.