OT-Road Service

ilex cameron ross i1ex@earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:18:46 -0400

Yeah, but that means organizing more than one bag/box. Took me long enough
to get it all sorted with this bag! I'll get there at some point ;)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of David Ilvedson
  Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 1:41 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: RE: OT-Road Service

  We've gone over this before...you need to put your toolbag on a diet.
Think about what you really use at every job.  You will find that a lot of
the stuff you lug around might as well stay in the car.   How hard is it to
walk out to the car for something?   My service kit:  About 12 lbs.   Yeah,
I do go out to the car a fair amount...but my arms are the same length.
The secret to this is to ignore the "I might need this" syndrome.   What do
you really need?   Tuning:  Hammer,ETD, fork, mutes, strip mute,
multi=purpose handle, a few screw driver blades, regulating tools,
screwstarter, flashlight, magnet, mirror, voicing tool, voicing block, Hart
voicing tool, brush for hammers, teflon powder/brush, Protek thick lube,
Goose juice/Protek in applicator, a baggy of leather scraps, punchings, a
vice-grip, a small crescent wrench, drift for seating strings, string hook,
dip block...certainly a few more items but I don't need a dolly!

  David I.