OT-Road Service

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:47:59 -0500

I got a remote starter with remote door lock for about $65 off the internet
( http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm100014.htm). I got their power door lock
kit for $45. It all takes about 4 hours to install. Or you can buy one at
Ziebart (lots of places, really) for about $200 and they’ll install it for
you. Wonderful investment for people in and out of their cars that must
always be locked.

I leave a single ignition key in the console that I use exclusively to start
the van. That leaves a key and the remote transmitter in my pocket. This
allows me to easily leave the vehicle running and locked which I frequently
do for a quick stop. I also hide a key in a magnetic holder at a strategic
point inside the frame rail.

I’m not stuck anymore.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Mike Kurta
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:13 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: OT-Road Service

Here's my answer:  Tape a set of keys to the back of your license plate.
Its similar to hiding a key outside of your home-its always there, and
anyone who knows its location can use it.  Make sure the screws holding the
plate can be removed with a coin.  They have come in handy for me more than
once and for others using my car.
Mike Kurta