OT-Road Service

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:59:52 -0500

My brother is in the carpet cleaning business and has a fleet of vans. We
have discovered a local small operator that delivers tremendous service at
very good rates. If I break down in a 200 mile radius, I'd still want towed
home so might as well call him to begin with. I have his number in my cell
phone and Ipaq.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Horace Greeley
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 4:55 PM
To: Pianotech
Cc: Pianotech
Subject: Re: OT-Road Service

Hi, Barb,

WOW!  Definitely bummer-time...

Still, my experience, overall, is different.  The waits can be annoying - as
can the local habit of not coming to the door (if one happens to be at
home)...still, I've had the "Plus" service since they came up with it and
would not be without it.  My own off-the pavement resulted in a midnight
wait and 100+ mile tow to civilization - I'm not sure how much longer and/or
safer it would have taken.

FYI - part of the reason that the locksmith (and others, to be fair) would
react as your fellow did is that, in order to secure the contract with AAA,
they have to give AAA a pretty heavily discounted rate for services rendered
(pretty much like a good many piano teachers want for "future referrals").
For example, in this area, the local tow company may only charge the AAA
~$26 (within a certain radius of their garage) to some out and fix a flat.
If you were to call them directly, the fee would be a good deal closer to
$100...

There are certainly other deals - how much better they may or may not be is
questionable.

So, other than that, how's the D?

Best.

Horace