Leg Bolt and Lyre Support bolt help

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:45:34 -0400

Hey Phil, also, most True-Value Hardware stores have a very good =
selection of metric bolts, etc.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: George Tyson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 2:54 AM
  Subject: Re: Leg Bolt and Lyre Support bolt help

  Hi Phil,
     Have you heard of Fastenal?  Their web page shows at least ten =
stores in Florida.  There may be one near you.  They carry all sorts of =
quality metric bolts. =20
     If you need the thread size, make a narrow clay thread impression =
of the bolt sleeves.  With sleeve lengths and approximate sleeve =
diameters it's likely Fastenal can match the bolt.  Their bolts are so =
inexpensive it would be worth buying various likely sizes just in case.  =

    This might be more economical than attempting to learn what bolts =
are "supposed" to be used on this particular piano.

  Sincerely,
  George Tyson, Oregon=20
  =20
     =20

  Phil Bondi <phil@philbondi.com> wrote:
    Hi all.

    Just got back from a very disappointed piano owner. Piano was moved =
here=20
    from wherever with no leg blots or lyre support bolts...and this is=20
    where I could use your help..first: The piano is a Niemeyer, a =
Dongbei=20
    product. Would any of you know _for sure_ what size bolts are used =
for=20
    the legs and lyre support? I _may_ luck out and find these bolts =
just=20
    down the street from me, but I'm not usually that lucky. I won't =
know=20
    how my luck is running until tomorrow.

    Second: If you know that a client of yours is moving, I will ask =
that=20
    you please consider helping your client with their piano and its=20
    associated parts so when it gets to its final destination, all the =
parts=20
    that had to come off the piano are findable and able to be put back =
on=20
    the piano by the technician on the other side. Seriously, I am =
seeing=20
    this kind o! f service call more and more down here, and it is very =
avoidable.

    Oh..before I forget..the movers took the moving skid with them..and =
it=20
    has a PianoDisc system on it.

    click my heals 3 times and say...........

    Phil Bondi(Fl)