Copying damged bass bridge.

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:51:56 -0300

Hi List,
I had asked the question, of best way to copy a bass bridge.
I got some good answers.
However, I decided on an approach not mentioned.
I had been wondering how to match the difference of 1/8" from bass to treble, and someone mentioned not to forget the possible difference from top to bottom.
Well, what I did, was get a piece of scrap wood, and using double sided tape, attach it to the old bridge, making sure it was flat. Meaning wood splinters and glue sticking up, removed.
I then ran it through the planer, ending up with a reverse of the old bridge.
I then taped it to my new piece of wood, and ran it through the planer.
I ended up with an exact replica of the old bridge. (As close as I can tell) No guessing involved.
I figure, for me it was easier than sawing, or sanding.
Let me know, what you think.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada