Viennese Grand

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:37:21 -0700

Calin said: "While I wouldn't reccomenfd them as practice instrument for =
a young =3D
pianist-wannabe, they are very good for the more knowledgeable people, =
=3D
who can understand that the technique and the output are quite =3D
different.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend a Viennese piano to anyone unless =
=3D
they really know what it is supposed to be."

Calin,
I have played on some Viennese pianos, in good condition. They just seem =
very "clunky" to me. I should say, I am not a player so this may be a =
factor, that I need to reconsider. However, as in the Square Grands, I =
feel that it is of the same breed, i.e. "single escapement". Therefore, =
I do not recommend them for any student situation. If an accomplished =
pianist wants one, then so be it. I'll always be happy to =
repair/regulate/tune for them. I just don't recommend them.<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I