(OT) Metric -

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:42:20 -0700

> I don't give a crap what system OTHER countries use. This I s America, and I
> like it just the way it is, thank you!
>
> Terry Peterson

Hold on, hold on now.  This is classic, bonehead, ugly American stuff.  What
if some guy from France or Belgium made disparaging, disrespectful remarks
about you and your country? What DO you give a crap about, Terry? Besides
relegating the other 6.-whatever billion people who don't happen to live in
the US to some kind of purgatory? Grow up, dude. That goes for the other
Peterson, too.  And you, Joe Garrett. Whatever happened to that greatest of
American-born philosophies, the Thumper Principle?

You know---In "Bambi" the movie, where Thumper the bunny says,
"If ya can't say somethin' nice about somebody, then don't say nothin' at
all."

  I thought only Maoists believe that power grows out of the barrel of a
gun. <g>

Best,

David Andersen