Coppered vs. nickel bridge pins

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Bridge Pin Experts,

I'm just getting ready to repin a bridge on a grand
rebuild and I am curious about the pros and cons of
the two different bridge pins offered: Coppered and
nickel-plated.  I didn't find any discussion of this
in the archives.  I've only used coppered pins.

Are the nickel-plated any more resistant to the wear
track that occurs on the side of the coppered pins?
Are the nickel-plated pins any kinder to the string?
Is the main difference just appearance preference?

Bob Hull