(OT) Metric - was The answer from Yamaha

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:27:09 -0500

At 21:01 10/20/2004, you wrote:

>>If we use gram weights, why not use mm for other regulation specs?
>
>Because...
>Such measurements as 2 17/33 are so interesting.
>
>Ron N

That would be 1 7/8 Whitworth, I think... ;-}
Whitworth wrench size is marked by the diameter of the bolt, not the head.

Sarah - a span is 9", perhaps 8" would be a lite or diet span?

Inch is the width of the king's thumb
Yard is tip of his nose to tip of outstretched hand (arm held out level to
side)
Mile is a thousand Roman army paces. (mille=thousand)

BTW,   1 spat = 39,370,078,740,157.48 inch [international, U.S.]
         i.e. 1 billion km. which is about how OT this thread has become.
Well named, no?

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.