Replacing Upright Jacks - Now - In The Field

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:17:39 -0700

The Heckler said: "Joe,

How are you going to do that in the field ?

Please don't tell me that you carry a heat pot and hide glue with you =
;-)"

Heckler,
Don't need to! If you'd pay attention, I post how to make Cold Hide Glue =
set up quicker, a few weeks ago!
Because you missed it, (obviously), here it is again: Get Mug of =
steaming hot water or as hot as it'll come out of the tap. Place your =
Small bottle of Cold Hide Glue in the water. While you are setting up to =
do the repair, etc., let it heat up. Do the repair with the WARM Cold =
Hide Glue. By the time you are finished with the tuning it will be set =
up sufficiently so that it will not move. As for jacks, this set up time =
should not be a consideration, as the spring ain't going anywhere unless =
someone pops the spring out of one of the two inserts, the spring is in! =
Sheesh!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

> Bruce said: "One drop of CV glue does wonders."
>
> Bruce,
> Yeah, I "wonder" who the dingaling was that did that, when I have to=20
> fix it AGAIN! First, tell me, how long does CA glue last? Second, have =

> you ever tried to get rid of the darned stuff, when=20
> replacing/repairing a part? If you had/have, then you would not use it =

> in the ACTION. PLEASE, don't do that?!! Use the appropriate,=20
> time-tested hide glue(s)!!@????
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
> Captain,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.