(OT) Metric - was The answer from Yamaha

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:09:21

Hi Cy,

There are more receipes that are not converted from the "non metric" where
such silliness as 37.5 ml (or 5/32 of one cup, or 2 table spoons and 1.5
teaspoons) would not be an issue. I also think you will find the flour is
done by volume not weight. In your example 450 ml (not grams) would be far
easier than 1 7/8 of flour when divided by 3. Come to think of it 5/32 of
one cup would be a nasty division too!

For those of you who insist on metric being "difficult" here is a nice
online converter.

http://www.curezone.com/conversions.asp

At 01:55 PM 20/10/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Depends on the application.  Metric's not always easier for cooking; the
>recipe calls for 37.5ml of water and 450g of flour, and you want to make a
>third of the full recipe...  (Of course, fractions can get hairy sometimes,
>too...)
>
>--Cy--

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/