Metric - was The answer from Yamaha

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 05:39:36 -0500

Friends,

At 17:33 10/19/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>They "tried" the metric system at the gas pumps (at least here in Calif.)
>many years back, and it TANKED! No pun intended.
>
>Terry Peterson

Surprised they didn't stick with it. Paying 96.7¢ per liquid unit (litre)
it doesn't seem as bad as $3.66/USgallon.
(paid more than that in Newfoundland this summer, but then took the 25%
exchange discount...)

They also started double listing the distances on interstate signs.

>So we need to be teaching the young the metric system and wait until all
>the old farts die off.   Then we'll bury them 1.8288 meters deep...;-]
>
>David I.

Immersion is the best way to learn a new language, but interment is a bit much.

Being only 1.72m, they could bury me standing up and still be able to mow
over me.  Come to think about it, they already do... ;-{

YMMV

Conrad
-still weighing in at only 11 stone.