Metric - was The answer from Yamaha

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:33:11 -0700

They "tried" the metric system at the gas pumps (at least here in Calif.)
many years back, and it TANKED! No pun intended.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Joe Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: "pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Metric - was The answer from Yamaha
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:24:18 -0700

Bernhard said: "And thatīs why it would be better to use world standard
in the future of a
global market, also in the US."

regards,

Bernhard,
Even tho, I have spoken out against Metric, many times, I agree with you.
However, until olde farts, like me, that were only taught "English
Measure" and "Machinist's Measure", (which is a decimal
equivalent of English Measure), pass on to the great Concert Hall in the
sky, there will be this controversy. Most schools, in the US, are now
teaching Metric and soon the problem will be solved. Many consumer goods, in
the US are in Metric. Not all, tho, so the problem still exists. I truly
wish my brain could wrap around the Metric concept, but it doesn't. Believe
me, I try, on a daily basis, to use Metric. It's an uphill battle! :-( The
one area that brings great amusement is the lumber industry. I don't think
there will ever be anything other than a 2x4, etc.<G>

Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I