The answer from Yamaha

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:41:59 +0200

And that´s why it would be better to use world standard in the future of a
global market, also in the US.

regards,

Bernhard

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Mannino" <donmannino@comcast.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:33 AM
Subject: Re: The answer from Yamaha

The wire size list is attached.

One of the problems is that metric wire, when sold in the US, is often
marked with the closest equivalent US wire gage size.  For instance, the
last time I bought Röslau wire from Schaff, it measured close to the US
wire size, not the metric gage marked.  So if you get #15 Röslau wire and
measure it, it will be most likely be .0354" - or Metric 15 1/2 gage.

Confusing, no?

Don Mannino

At 04:42 PM 10/18/2004, you wrote:
>Why not just buy metric wire? If I remember correctly, Don Manino and/or
Kawai

----