Downbearing - Setting with a loose board

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:17:08 -0700

As long as you have the right hammer, I don't think it matters...does
it? ...rolf...

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Brekne
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 12:22 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Downbearing - Setting with a loose board

This point has bothered me a bit in my first tentative excusions into
this world. Just what degree of soundboard deflection is <<optimal>> as
it were for a given panel and rib assembly ?  Does one simply calculate
what the soundboard can tolerate... or does one have some (other)
independant criteria for achieving optimal acoustical response ?

RicB