dampers

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:46:58 -0400

Ed,
I would install tri-chord felt in the tenor up to G#4.
The 1 3/4 length dampers may work depending how large an upright it is.

But I would consider making dampers probably 2" or 2 1/4" with three 3
instead of 2.
Definitely 2 1/4". 3 felt dampers in the bass.  In figuring the length,
make sure when the
damper lifts it clears the wire of a few notes higher.

Pianoforte Piano Supply in Vancouver, BC has them if you don't want to make
them.

I made a set for a Baldwin Hamilton thus past summer, it made all the
difference.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.