Pivoting hammer rest rail?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

I did an ex-Ampico Chickering that had both una-corda
and hammer rail lifting. The hammer rail was used when
the player system functioned, so that the action was
not moved out of alignment with the pneumatic poppets
pushing on the key undersides. The una corda
functioned when the pedal was depressed during human
playing.  Most grands with hammer rail lifting were
either cheapos, or players.
    Thump

--- Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>