Extracting glued bridge pins

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:05:37 EDT

David
    The difficulty you are having is why I don't really like  epoxy repair
for this. Yes, I do it on occasion. However I'll have to try  Horace's
suggestion next time I'm doing an entire bridge. The last time it took  forever to get
em out.
    Dale

Any  suggestions for cleanly removing bridge pins that have been glued with
either CA or epoxy, without damaging the bridge?  I'm trying to clean  up
the notching in the upper treble of a Steinway L.  I can't  remember if heat
(soldering iron, for example) would affect either glue,  or create
additional problems.

Thanks -

David  Skolnik