marking tuning pin holes for drilling.

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:53:44 -0700

You would have to remove material from the plate hole...I'm sure=
 someone has done it...there goes the warranty...;-]

David Ilvedson

From: David Love <davidlovepianos@comcast.net>
To: 'Pianotech' <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: marking tuning pin holes for drilling.

Rumor has it that the Steinway piano was originally designed that=
 the pin would ride against the plate.  Why not just install=
 tuning pin bushings when restringing a Steinway?  Except on some=
 older models where the tuning pin areas are countersunk, what=92s=
 the reason not to?

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net