m-450

Benny L. Tucker precisionpiano@alltel.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:43:51 -0400

I might be wrong here, but I've never seen more than 1 punching on the
balance rail pins. Each key has 1 punching and the keys are leveled by
sanding the key bottom. This is not my area of expertise, however the
regulators that do this leveling, work right next to my voicing booth. Like
I say, I could be wrong here, but I've personally never seen more than 1
punching per pin. I know Yamaha's are not perfect, but I can't imagine such
work as you described going out the door. Even setting the dip, the girls
usually don't use more than 3-4 punchings at the most.

Benny L. Tucker
Yamaha Factory Tuner
Precision Piano Tuning & Repair
Thomaston, Ga.

That couldn't have been factory work...?

David Ilvedson

From: <richard.ucci@att.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: m-450

Hi List,

I went back and did the leveling on that Yamaha m-450. I was=
 surprised to find as many as ten or more punchings under some=
 keys at the balance rail. Set the height at 60mm top of key from=
 keybed and all is well. Dip worked out to be about 9.5mm but=
 still felt good.

talk to ya later,

Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano