Pivoting hammer rest rail?

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 07:52:57 -0700

Wouldn't be hooked to the soft pedal would it? Or the middle pedal?  =
Maybe in a past life.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cy Shuster=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 7:39 AM
  Subject: Pivoting hammer rest rail?

  I'm going to feel silly if this is a standard action feature, but it =
wouldn't be the first time... so I'll ask anyway.

  I worked on the action of a 1923 Ellington grand last week.  The =
hammer rest rail was supported by brass rods at the action brackets, =
with felt bushings that allowed the rail to pivot upwards through =
roughly 90 degrees.  What's that for (besides making it easier to access =
the wippens)?

  --Cy Shuster--
  Bluefield, WV